Adult Mental Health First Aid Two Day Training – Online
This new course is based on the content from the Adult MHFA Two Day course, has the same learning outcomes and on completion learners will receive a Mental Health First Aid certificate. Online Mental Health First Aid is made up of both individual learning activities and a series of live sessions hosted on our new MHFA England Online Learning Hub. Individual learning will be based on a combination of videos, workbook activities and reading, which can be done at your own pace in advance of each live session. The live sessions are led by an approved MHFA England Instructor who has been qualified for more than 11 years.
Everyone who attends the course receives an Adult MHFA manual and a workbook delivered direct to them which is an excellent support resource. They also receive an attendance certificate from MHFA England to say that they are now a Mental Health First Aider.
The course is delivered in four manageable chunks as well as individual pre-learning prior to the sessions which is explained fully at sign up. Each session will have a focus on how to apply Mental Health;
Session 1 – Pre-course Learning 1 hour Live session 9th July 1 hour 45 mins
Session 2 – Pre-Learning 2 hours Live session 10th July 2 hour 20 mins
Session 3 – Pre-Learning 2 hour Live session 16th July 3 hour 20 mins
Session 4 – Pre-Learning 2 hour Live session 17th July 1 hour 55 mins
The course is designed to:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support.
- Raise awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduce stigma around mental ill health
- Boost knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourage people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a Mental Health issue.
- Promote early intervention which enables recovery.
The training is facilitated through power point, discussions, video, activities quizzes whilst being aware of the difficult subject matter.
This course has been subsidised; MHFA England value the course at £300 per person.
Each and every course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended and passed the rigorous seven-day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.