Learners must attend both days at Monkchester Community Centre. Refreshments provided but not lunch.
The course helps learners to improve their knowledge and skills of health improvement and how to support individuals to make healthy lifestyle changes.
During the course learners will:
- Understand the role of a Health Trainer
• Understand the factors that influence people’s health and wellbeing
• Learn how to promote the benefits of making changes to an individual’s lifestyle and supporting them to maintain those changes
• Learn how to work with individuals and groups around health
• Understand how to develop positive relationships when discussing health and wellbeing
• Understand how to work safely with people about health (e.g. confidentiality, record keeping, equality and diversity)
The course is run over 2 days, with some homework. We also offer the option of a work based observation to prove competence (additional cost). To achieve the qualification the learner will need to complete a portfolio and worksheets.
This course has been designed for Health Advocates, Health Champions, anyone volunteering or working in a health improvement role and people in the Health Trainer Role.